Invention contests are the perfect way to demonstrate — and celebrate — student progress.
Pitching their product ideas and business plans to a panel of experts allows students to show what they’ve learned throughout the course. As students progress through the competition they gain confidence, demonstrate their presentation skills, improve their public speaking and develop ever stronger critical thinking skills along the way.
A fun and engaging way to combine academic and cross-disciplinary skills.
Following our ABC’s of Storytelling steps, students script, shoot, and edit a pitch for their product. Their public speaking, research, marketing, and presentation skills are put to the test when they present to a panel of judges.
With the guidance of our Partner Services team, you can easily run your own Invention Contests and give your students the opportunity to shine!
- Host your own school- or district-wide contest, where students present in front of a panel of school, community and business leaders
- Students gain real-life experience pitching ideas and their inventions and innovations”
- Get turnkey instructions for how to set up and conduct a local contest, including questions and scoring rubrics for the judging panel
- Celebrate the accomplishments of the budding inventors and innovators
- Increase parent and community engagement in a fun and creative way
Winners of local Invention Contests are invited to participate in Inventionland Education’s annual National Contest, hosted in-person at Inventionland or virtually.
- Students get to present in front of a panel of national experts and business leaders
- Students gain real-life experience pitching ideas and their inventions and innovations
- Students and chaperons receive a special, behind-the-scenes tour of Inventionland
- Gain recognition for your students’ achievements
Check out one of our Invention Contest!
Invention Contests give parents, school administrators and community leaders a chance to hear from budding Innovators from local communities and beyond. Students follow our ABC’s of Storytelling steps, which teaches them how to script, shoot, and edit a pitch for their product.
Want to learn more about Invention Contests?
Contact us to learn more about how to set up your own local contest and how to participate in local and national contests.